Monday, August 30, 2010

G's Balance

G stood in the dark, longer than I would expect, breathing in and out the horror. It took a long growl from the monster to break the silence, and G was shouting, her voice and very own self trembling. "What do you want from me?"
Moving towards G, the monster growled another long and deep growl. When it finnaly stood right in front of her, its nosetrills facing her soft skinned cheecks.
Now she could easily make out the silent groans of the neighbour, who was moving a little from side to side on the pavement; his eyes shut and his hands covering his wound. G wanted to help him, G wanted to say something, anything that would make sense. She wanted to tell him "I don't know these freaks" though she knew she'd be lying. But G wanted to lie to him, needed to lie to him but right now she could do none of these things, because the putrid breath of the monster made it even impossible to breathe.
"What do you want from me, Tenebrae?" she said, this time hardly audible.
And that was my que.

"I think it is quite enough Foedus," I say, which Foedus responds by taking couple of steps away from G. She is now breathing easy and once she gets hold of her breathing, she crouches right next to the neighbour. "Hello, Gaia."
She doesn't answer, instead, she examines the bleeding wound of the neighbour, trying to remove the blood on her way with the sleeve of her shirt.
"I take all the trouble to come here and pay you a visit, and this is your way of hospitality? I am surely not impressed."
"Bastard."
Foedus snarls but I hold up my hand to calm him. "Now I do not believe you understand the balance here Gaia, I suggest you watch your words."
She doesn't answer, which leads to a long silence, except the moaning of the neighbour. Then it takes her the neighbour to open his eyes to break the silence, because she can't take it anymore.
"I need to help him."
"Oh, well."
"Your hideous monster did this to him. You, did this to him! He doesn't even know me."
Foedus growls, obviously offended, and right about it too.
"He was going to," I say looking down on them, "was he not?"

No comments:

Post a Comment